Sunday, January 1, 2012

"LiberryCAST" Mug Contest

At right is a picture of the CafePress coffee mug I’ve designed as the prize going to the person who brings the most traffic to this website in the month of January.

Here’s how it works. You post a link to liberrycast.com on your website. Then, promote the fact that it’s linked on your website by encouraging people to go to YOUR website and click on the link. Don't just tell folks to go to liberrycast.com, cause I won't know the referral is coming from you. They need to click on the link on your website. Also, it doesn’t do any good for you to send them the liberrycast.com link in an email `cause I still won’t be able to tell from that that the referral is coming from you. (Though, you should do it anyway, cause I’ll take traffic from where I can get it.) We need solid links from solid websites that will turn up in my traffic reports so I can see how many different people came to my site from your site.

Q: Will this work with twitter and facebook?

A:
Eh, I’m not sure. This is as exact a science as I can make it, but I suspect there might be flaws. I can tell that hits are coming to my site from Facebook and Twitter, but determining which exact FB or Twitter page they're coming from is a bit problematic. Feel free to try, but no promises.

At the end of January, I’ll have a look at my traffic reports from the three different statistical measurement services I use and I will determine what website brought the most traffic my way. Then I’ll send the person who owns that site a fabulous Liberrycast coffee mug fo' free.

It might also be helpful for you to send me your mailing address and the website from which you plan to post the link in advance so that I’ll have that on hand and will be sure to keep an eye out for traffic from you. You can send that stuff to liberrycast@gmail.com.

Now, just so’s ya know, Café Press serves the United States, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Spain, and the United Kingdom. Allegedly they will ship worldwide as well, but I haven’t had cause to test the limitations of this claim. Whatever country you’re in, if you send the most traffic my way, I’ll try to get a mug to you.

I should also add that I’ve never tried anything like this contest before so I don’t really know how well it’s going to work. I’m just giving it a try. If it works, I’ll do it again, but with a different and possibly more desirable product.

So, you’ve got one month. Do my bidding and send people in my direction and you shall be rewarded. Hopefully.

1 comment:

  1. I'll do my best! I love your podcast and am happy to introduce other readers to it. I'm definitely a library-ninja, so I'll be telling the gang at Robbins Library in Arlington, MA, all about you.

    ReplyDelete